Federal Student Loan Types
Aspire Resources Inc. provides customer service for two main groups of federal student loans.
Loans under the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program (Direct Loan) are provided to students and schools directly from the U.S. Department of Education. Types of Direct Loans are:
- Direct Subsidized Loans
- Direct Unsubsidized Loans
- Direct PLUS Loans for parents
- Direct PLUS Loans for graduate and professional-degree students
In 2010, as a result of federal legislation, all federal student loans are provided through Direct Loan. Aspire is one of a limited number of organizations contracted to service Direct Loans on behalf of the U.S. Department of Education.
Until 2010, independent organizations provided and serviced Federal Family Education Loan (FFEL) Program loans, which included:
- Federal Stafford Loans
- Subsidized Federal Stafford Loans
- Unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loans
- Federal PLUS Loans for parents
- Federal PLUS Loans for graduate and professional-degree students
Other Federal Loans
You may have qualified for a Federal Perkins Loan. Visit your financial aid office or www.ed.govOpens a new window to learn more about Perkins Loans.